This section also includes some of the more interesting family law-associated cases that have been happened in the last twenty years.
If you’d like to know more about family law matters and how DA Family Lawyers in Brisbane can help you, contact us today.
Reforms to the Law
- Definition of abuse
- Definition of family violence
- “Best interests” – Greater weight to consideration of needing to protect child than the benefit to the child of having a relationship with both parents
- New consideration for “best interests” – Extent to which each parent has fulfilled or failed to fulfil obligation to maintain child
- Amendment to consideration of any family order that exists
- Domestic and Family Violence Protection Act 2011 (QLD)
- Surrogacy Act 2010 (QLD)