From 10 October 2022, to obtain a transcript for a court hearing from any Queensland court or Tribunal, you must submit an application through QTranscripts. QTranscripts has replaced the previous transcript provider, Auscript. QTranscripts is a government web-based platform accessed through your/your businesses myGovID or QGov account.
QTranscripts was rolled-out in Queensland in three stages with the last stage being 10 October 2022. Auscript has now discontinued its transcript services.
To request a transcript from QTranscripts, you must:
Step 1 Log into QTranscripts from your/your businesses myGovID or QGov account.
Step 2 Click on the Audio and Transcripts Request tile.
Step 3 Complete the Audio and Transcript Request form. You will receive an estimated fee and turnaround time before submitting the form.
Step 4 Once submitted you can track the progress of your request through the “My Activities tab”.
Tips we think you should know:
- Like Auscript, you can select what part of the hearing you require a transcript for (for example, hearing, opening/closing addresses, decision, extract). Be sure the type you select will provide you with the transcript you require.
- Once the transcript is completed, you will receive a secure link via your email address to a PDF copy of the transcript. You should download and save the transcript immediately as the link will expire 30 days from when you receive it.
- Fees for a printed or electronic transcript are $99.85 for the first eight pages and $12.35 per page thereafter for the first copy. Further charges apply if you are requesting an additional copy.
- Check whether you are eligible for a fee waiver by perusing Division 3 of the Recording of Evidence Regulation 2018. Section 7 relates specifically to fee waiver due to financial hardship.
- Turnaround timeframes include 3, 5, 10 or 20 (standard) days or you can select ‘urgent’. Fees vary depending on your selected turnaround timeframe.
- For support, you can contact the Recording & Transcription services team on 1800 842 122 on Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.00pm.