Orders to change a child’s surname

I was recently involved in a matter before the Federal Circuit Court where we sought a final order to change the child’s name. In that matter, I was acting for the applicant mother. The child’s birth certificate recorded her surname as the surname of her father but it was a surname that her father was no longer using. Final orders were made, in line with our client’s proposal, that the child’s surname be changed to reflect the surname of the mother.

Read the full article on Lisa Foley’s LinkedIn