We help you navigate through the process
Helping you sort out the hard issues.
Want to ensure you receive what you are entitled to when dividing your largest asset?
One of the most difficult issues to resolve when separating is the fair division of property. It is much easier to resolve a property settlement issue soon after separation. If a Court is called upon to determine the dispute they will take into account what assets are owned by both parties at the date the court is dealing with the issue. This is the case even if years have passed since the parties separated.
Working out what you are entitled to can be a complicated process particularly if you are unable to come to an agreement with your partner. This is why it is so important to seek legal advice so that you understand what your entitlements are. You will then be in a better position to realistically plan for the future. DA Family Lawyers in Brisbane can help by applying the four-step process adopted by the Family Court of Australia to your situation.
We help you navigate through the process used to determine a division of property that involves four steps:
- Identify and value the assets and liabilities of both parties to the relationship.The first step of the process is to identify what assets are owned by each party to a marriage and what liabilities are outstanding. It saves times and enables us to give more effective advice if you prepare a short table of your financial position prior to an appointment. Access a schedule of assets and liabilities for your completion.
- Consider the contributions, both financial and non-financial, each party has made to the relationship.
- Consider the future needs of each of the parties.
- Make an order that is just and equitable.
At DA Family Lawyers in Brisbane we can help you with:
- Mediation and negotiations
- Representation in Court proceedings
- Binding financial agreements
Property Settlement QLD
For a family law firm you can trust, get in touch with DA Family Lawyers in Brisbane. Our reliable, supportive and knowledgeable family law solicitors are here to help.
To find out more information about property settlements read through the material on our blog