Dealing legally with parents can be difficult, especially if they allegedly abuse alcohol..
At DA Family Lawyers in Brisbane we focus on family law, and understand that dealing legally with parents can sometimes become difficult and taxing. In a recent court case held in Victoria, a father who is separating from his partner wanted an alcohol breath-test machine to be installed within the mother’s car so that the wellbeing and safety of their sons was guaranteed.
The Family Court heard each case they made, with the mother declaring the need to put an alcohol breath-test device in her car was ‘harsh and oppressive’. However the mother did agree to orders that ban her from consuming alcohol from 24 hours prior to having the children within her care, along with agreeing to random blood-alcohol screenings.
After an arduous court case, the following orders were made:
- An alcohol breath-test machine to be placed into the mother’s home or garage, in order to give her children a sense of security and confidence.
- The mother must observe a zero alcohol reading before driving the children anywhere within suburban Melbourne.
- The readings are to be recorded, along with a photograph, and provided to the court’s children’s lawyer.
At DA Family Lawyers we strive to give families the best possible outcome..
We deal with and have seen many complex family law cases, and offer services such as:
- Family Dispute Resolution – This service is for families that are ready to resolve their issues efficiently. We take the time to sit with you to understand and analyse your issues, so we can provide you with informed legal advice so you can achieve the best possible results.
- Parenting Plans – If you want to find the right solution to your family arrangement, we are able to arrange parenting plans to suit you and your children.
- Parenting Disputes – We know that ongoing conflict hurts children, both short term and long-term, so we make it a point to help you find a solution as quickly as possible.
- Parenting Orders – If you are worried for your children’s safety while they are away from you, similarly to the father in the aforementioned court case, we can help to clearly work out parenting arrangements for your children so you can have peace of mind and feel more at ease while they are not in your care.
If you are tackling a difficult family situation, we can help guide you..
At DA Family Lawyers, we have gained much knowledge and expertise regarding family law, and we can help you avoid the pitfalls of separation and divorce, and are able to give guidance to help you and your children recover from grievous family issues.
It has been found that nearly half of all divorces granted involve children under 18. Help protect them and their rights by consulting with us at DA Family Lawyers in Brisbane, so we can help you gain an affordable approach to resolving your family dispute issues as quickly and effectively as possible. Contact DA Family Lawyers to seek legal advice about Queensland laws regarding parenting and alcohol abuse. There may be something we can do to help keep your children safe from harm.
To discover more about our family law services or to book a consultation with one of our legal professionals at our Brisbane law firm, please do not hesitate to contact us.